In 1946 a small group of devoted Christians met in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Roy Johnson to organize a Missionary Baptist church in Henderson, Texas. The church was organized and given the name “Calvary.” Calvary Baptist Church has grown from the original seven members to what she is today under the leadership of her former pastors, R.E. Rodgers, A.J. Kirkland, Chester Guinn, William H. Hitt, and her current pastor, Bill Kuykendall.
From the first property purchased on North High street, to the present day facilities, Calvary has gone through many changes and has accomplished much in the fifty-plus years of existence. One major achievement is the establishment of Texas Baptist Institute-Seminary which has trained hundreds of preachers and Christian workers who are now serving the Lord in many states and foreign lands.
We give God the glory for all accomplishments and achievements, for Calvary Baptist Church exists to…
“Glorify God and Minister in Love.”
Our purpose at Calvary Baptist Church is to glorify God by introducing Jesus Christ as Lord to as many people as possible and to minister in love using the most effective means to impact the world, making a positive difference in this generation.
To view Calvary Baptist Church’s doctrinal statement, click here.